Effects of Clenbuterol in bodybuilding
Unlike ephedrine, which is cleared from the body within hours, clenbuterol does not reach its peak activity until eight hours after ingestion and has a fat-burning effect for many hours.
The “work” of Clenbuterol as a whole does not interfere with the body’s normal cycles. This is just one aspect of the drug gaining popularity among bodybuilders.
Clenbuterol is widely used in bodybuilding. Here are the main effects of the drug that have made it popular among athletes:
- Burning of fat cells.
- Dehydration of muscle mass.
- Increase in body temperature.
- Appetite suppression.
- Anti-catabolic effect.
- Anabolic effect.
- Lose weight.
- Emotional mobilization.
Clenbuterol is of rare and perhaps exceptional quality: the drug helps to accelerate muscle building and at the same time burn fat. Obviously the muscle gain isn’t as great as when taking other medications and isn’t beyond common sense.
Clenbuterol is mainly used in women’s studios. There was a time in the United States when no women’s gym was complete without clenbuterol athletes.
The drug is produced in tablets of 10-20 micrograms, as well as injection ampoules of 0.016 milligrams and in the form of syrup. The most convenient and popular way is tablets. The normal daily intake of pills is 5 to 8 for men and four for women. Taking pills lasts two weeks.
Chemically, Clenbuterol is a selective beta-2 antagonist that stimulates beta-receptors in human muscle and adipose tissue. It must be said that Clenbuterol is one of the most controversial drugs used by bodybuilders.
Clenbuterol was originally considered a drug with a half-life of two days, but this is not entirely true, since the process of destroying the drug and eliminating it from the body occurs in two phases – short and long (several days).
Clenbuterol increases the body’s performance and therefore its use in sports competitions is prohibited. Despite its ban by the World Anti-Doping Agency, many athletes, especially bodybuilders, still use clenbuterol to burn excess fat and build muscle.
The long-term effects of Clenbuterol on the body have yet to be studied. Animal studies have yielded disappointing results: the drug can cause muscle apoptosis, including cardiac apoptosis. When taking the drug, you need to be very careful and carefully monitor the dosage.
Side effects of Clenbuterol
Clenbuterol side effects are listed by frequency of occurrence:
- Palpitations (60%) – Eliminated by Beta Blockers. Take 5 mg bisoprolol or 50 mg metoprolol in the morning.
- Tremor (20%) – especially pronounced on the first day of admission, then gradually disappears. Eliminated by ketotifen.
- Sweating (10%)
- Insomnia (7%) – Eliminated by Ketotifen
- Anxiety (6%) – Eliminated by Ketotifen
- Elevated blood pressure (6%) – Eliminated by beta-1 blockers. Take 5 mg bisoprolol or 50 mg metoprolol in the morning.
- Violation of the stool – diarrhea (5%) – is observed, as a rule, only in the first days of taking the drug
- Nausea (3%)
- Convulsions (if you overdose or when you start taking the drug)
- In isolated cases, headaches are possible, probably associated with an increase in blood pressure.
As you can see, many Clenbuterol side effects can be avoided with ketotifen and bisoprolol (metoprolol). It should also be noted that most of the side effects are particularly pronounced only in the initial phase of the course and disappear or disappear completely after a few days.
Animal studies have shown that high doses of clenbuterol can be toxic to the heart muscle and testicles.
Beta-2 receptors are also located in the kidneys, so renin secretion is increased, which leads to the excretion of potassium from the body, so additional intake of Asparkam is considered appropriate.
Clenbuterol slightly increases insulin secretion. Acting on the intestinal receptors, it causes them to relax, which can affect their functioning: incomplete digestibility of food, diarrhea, flatulence, dysbacteriosis.
Some instructions for post-cessation bronchospasm apply only to people with asthma in whom the response of the bronchial tree is increased.
Caffeine, yohimbine, thyroxine and other stimulants greatly increase the frequency of side effects.
Contraindications of Clenbuterol
- increased individual sensitivity to the components of the drug;
- tachycardia and tachyarrhythmia;
- severe forms of coronary artery disease;
- acquired or hereditary intolerance to biologically active substances of Clenbuterol;
- idiopathic hypertrophic subaortic aortic stenosis;
- acute phase of myocardial infarction.
With caution, the drug should be prescribed for hyperthyroidism, diseases of the cardiovascular system (tendency to arrhythmias, heart defects, coronary artery disease, severe hypertension, cardiomyopathy), diabetes mellitus.
Use during lactation is not recommended.
In addition, when prescribing a pharmaceutical preparation, it is necessary to take into account absolute contraindications, in the presence of which it is recommended to conduct conservative hygiene in therapeutic departments under the supervision of medical personnel and mandatory clinical examinations:
- chronic ischemic heart disease;
- severe high blood pressure;
- presence or tendency to arrhythmias;
- heart defect:
- other dangerous diseases of the cardiovascular system.
Overdose of Clenbuterol
It is imperative to consult appropriate experts or qualified pharmacists to learn how Clenbuterol can be used for drying, slimming or for therapeutic purposes in the presence of an active disease process as the drug can cause an overdose condition characterized by the following symptoms is:
- cardiac arrhythmia;
- hypertension (in hypertensive crises);
- Trembling of the upper and lower limbs.
There is no pharmaceutical antidote to Clenbuterol, so symptomatic and detoxifying therapies are used in case of overdose. When the above symptoms appear, first of all, the upper gastrointestinal tract should be cleaned of active chemical components by any means possible (gastric lavage, oral sorbents, etc.).
Then it is necessary to restore the disturbed metabolic properties of the body, for which water and saline solutions are commonly used. Well, in the event of an overdose, be sure to see a doctor.